I have reached a point where I need to lay out some rules for commissions…I will add more as I think of them…
1. Must be familiar with my writing. Which stories are your favorites? Are you comfortable with my writing quirks?
2. 2,000 words per month is my cap. I have other writing to worry about too and it allows us to discuss ideas as we go.
3. We need to talk it out beforehand.
4. Do not send me unsolicited porn! If you want me to see an example, I can do it myself.
5. Do not have inspiration be real people in your life that you send me info about. It’s a real violation of the writer to put them in that situation and makes me very uncomfortable.
6. No characters in the commission can be under 18 years of age. There are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.